Using Classified Sites To Build Traffic

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Free Classified Sites are all over the internet. Perhaps the most successful is Craigslist, but EZ Classifieds, Stumble Here, Classifiedads.com, Kijiji, and Web Classifieds are all popular as well, primarily in the United States and Canada. There are several sites specific to Australia such as FreeAd, Ozfreeonline and a localised Alexa page.

These sites receive a lot of traffic, mainly because there is no cost to list an ad, buy, or sell items or services. The savvy internet marketer can use this to her or her advantage, but there are some cautions you need to take to avoid getting banned.

About Internet Classified Ads

Much like an ad placed in a newspaper or other periodical, an online classified ad is a small space with a headline and a short description of the item or service being offered. On some sites, photos can be included, as well as links to an external site. Buyers can often contact the seller through an “anonymous” email system.

Online classifieds are usually free. The sites are able to offer ad postings at no charge because they receive high volumes of traffic and this increases their page ranking. At times, free classified sites will show up at the very top of search results for key phrases that include the words “buy” and “sell”. Sometimes the sites earn revenue by selling banner ads.

Why Post A Classified Ad?

The largest benefit of posting a classified ad at a free site can be summed up in one word: traffic. The increased online traffic to your site is not only great for page ranking, but visitors are targeted. These people are visiting your site because they are interested in what you are offering. Consequently, the conversion rate is much better than that from random traffic.

The benefits of posting an online ad can be multiplied by utilising several different classified sites. The more places on the internet your ad shows up, the greater the increase in qualified traffic. Those sites with the highest page rankings will do your business the greatest amount of good.

If your marketing budget is small, or even nonexistent, online classified advertising is a great, no-cost way to find new customers.

Dos And Don’ts Of Classified Advertising

Remember that the people scrolling through a classified site online are looking for products or services to purchase. You don’t want to place an ad that is a blanket compilation of everything your business offers. You do want to offer a specific item.

Do write a good headline that creates interest in what you have to offer.

Do read the terms of each site carefully. Some sites, such as Craigslist, do not allow the poster to include affiliate marketing links and doing so will get you banned.

Don’t give up if your initial ad is not producing any results. The longer you stay with a site, the more familiar you and your business will become to regular visitors.

Do test different ads, with different copy, and for different products. There is no point wasting time posting ads that are not effective.

The beauty of utilising online Classified Sites lies in their ability to drive traffic. Because they are free, there is no downside as long as you play by the rules.

1 comments:

otr214426 said...

LIVE Entry – 1 (March-21-2014)

Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.

I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.

I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).

Reasons I chose them over the others:
1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.

How did they do it
1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.

My Experience
I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

Post a Comment